We hope everyone had a spooky, but safe Halloween. Now that your kid’s have finally stopped bouncing off the walls, what do you do with the non-eaten candy your kids brought home or the leftover candy you didn’t hand out? Here’s a few ideas:
There are definitely options out their if you want to donate the candy:
- Halloween Candy Buy Back – Dentist’s in your area ‘buy’ back candy for such things as toothbrushes, coupons, cash, and other creative finds. The dentist then send off to Operation Gratitude or other military support groups:
- ChicagoNow gives some very unique ideas that aren’t recipes on what to do with most of your sweet hard candies (foot massager, outfit embellishment).
- Maybe your kids are into science and want to to ‘examine’ some candy. Check out the article by Kimberly Crandell on Top 10 Scientific Uses for Leftover Halloween Candy or Kids Health
- Use leftover candy for those holiday gingerbread houses
- Reuse the candy for other recipes:
- Duck Tape Advent Calendar from JanDee Crafts – I will definitely be doing this one for this Holiday Season!
- Talk about being green… what about all those Candy Wrappers?
- Wine Pairings for Halloween Candy (adults only)